Monday, February 20, 2012

February Vacation 2012!

Hello Fellow Readers,
How art thou this February vacation? This time last year, I was off on vacation in Orlando, Florida. I remember bits and pieces of the vacation. I remember it was a nice chance to get away from the everyday life of Hudson. But oh my gosh, I would never want to be in Florida over the summer, I hear it's insufferable! (that means bad, right?)
This year, however, will be spent relaxing between my house and my grandparents house. I can feel the upcoming spring season in the air, even though there is still a chilly breeze that forces me to wear my winter jacket.

My new semester at school is taking a while to adjust to. Even though physics and geometry were difficult classes, especially together, I still miss the familiarity of seeing my teachers every day. Now, my only similar classes are english/civics and band. My lunch is even at a different time. They expect me to eat a meal at 10:30 A.M.!

There are a lot of flaws in the school's schedule system. For example, this semester has been like starting the school year over completely. Plus, my physics state assessment (or MCAS) doesn't even start until June, even though I've completed the class. That, my dear friends, is why they have decided to change the schedule. I hear they are planning on a 7 day rotation with 5 blocks each day. The classes are 70 minutes long, rather than our standard 90 minutes. The main downfall I see is that we will have to put up with a different lunch every day.
There was a student survey so we could put in our input. But most of us didn't even know about it! There was no mention of it in our daily morning announcements, and the teachers didn't tell us anything either. Perhaps it really was there all along and I just failed to notice it. That sounds like something I'd do.

For once, I had a day of school that really felt like a party. In my French class, we actually did have a party, which I prepared my famous cheesecakes for. In my last block of the day, Band, we watched This Is It, that Michael Jackson movie. I only had to work in my classes before lunch (although we did have to speak French to ask for food, or we didn't get any).

I can't wait until a friend asks me to hang out, because frankly, I'm getting a little bored not hearing from anybody. At least text me! Yes, that means you. You know who you are, you friend of mine. I would just like a conversation, it doesn't even have to include future plans to hang out. I'm gonna be at my grandparents until at least Thursday anyway.

Until then,
Au revoir, mon amies! a plus tard, a demain et tout a l'heur et au revoir (ha, now you have that song stuck in your head).

No comments:

Post a Comment