Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving has ended. The preparations for Christmas are under way. The radio began its jingles long ago, though there certainly is no sign of snow. With the warm weather we have been receiving, it doesn't seem likely that snow will enter our realms of Massachusetts any time soon. I've recently gotten into this television series on Netflix. My friend's dad showed it to her, thus bringing it to me. After 10 episodes, the show was cancelled, but so far I can't see why. The show is known as The Nine Lives of Chloe King. I shan't give anything away, since it is really that interesting. You can find it on Netflix or Hulu.  For some reason, my Netflix connection is wavering, and doesn't give us a very good quality, which is a shame since they don't ever air commercials. 

Homework is surprisingly manageable. It was only a few weeks ago that I was feeling pressured to do my homework and get a solid grade on it, or even just to come up with something that would make enough sense. Now, I am proudly procrastinating and feeling relaxed about it. It's OK, I know that I will get the work done and well. In my English class, we have been reading this book called A Separate Peace by John Knowles. I love it even though I am just beginning chapter 5. It's got to do with a boys' boarding school during the time of WWII. They live in New Hampshire, so they are not in the middle of all the war action. You should really check it out. I enjoy the way my teacher asks us to analyze a few of the scenes, since I usually have a lot of ideas behind them, but I think she goes a bit too far with the meanings behind things. If two boys went swimming, and one of them almost drowned, she would ask us what the water represents. Could it at all be possible that these boys just wanted to go for a swim? While we are allowed to voice our thoughts, I do not feel that they are always appreciated.

It would feel as though I have great revelations when I am writing. Sometimes my fingers just want to type certain words and I feel too lazy to press the backspace button, so I just let it be, and other times I just feel so clear minded and free to say whatever comes to mind. My own little journal that you are all welcome to read. I never said that this would be a daily thing, since I knew that I would not be able to uphold that responsibility. I did hear that the homework level stays pretty much the same, which was a relief to discover. 

Either tomorrow, Wednesday, or on December 6 (the morning announcements versus the school website are very contradictory) there is a sign language club, specifically to learn sign language. I believe I wrote an article on how sign language would be something that I would love to learn, and now I can finally begin! Whether or not any of my friends join, I'm going to do it. It is too great an opportunity to pass up! 

It's articles like these that hold too much information for a title to be added. My mind does not hold thoughts within categories, so I don't think my writing should be too organized. I do congratulate you on reading this far, you must be very interested, or very bored, either way, it's great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment