Sunday, November 6, 2011

Literature and the Endless Boundaries

I have just succeeded in completing the book series known as Warriors (again). Written by Erin Hunter, it has become my favorite book series, and I have found a lot of great books out there.

The world of literature is great as it is vast, filling you with emotions, love, and understanding beyond any realms of depth that you have ever experienced before.

After reading through all those action novels that I love so dearly, it makes me wonder if our lives have more to offer. Perhaps, if we choose, we too can go on great missions and explore forests that go farther than our territories. If life truly is what we create it to be, then why not make it such? It really is fun and interesting to think about.

I feel as though I am nearing an end. Not a loss of any kind, but more of a closing, like the change in a chapter of a book or a movie. In the same moment, I can feel greatness in what is to come. I am free to do as I please, and with that knowledge comes determination and confidence. It feels so glorious and wonderful, you should give it a try!

My brother Taylor is really coming along with his album. Did I mention that he is writing the music for my high school's production of The Tempest? I sure hope I did, because I am extremely proud of him. Perhaps some people would think it my instinct to feel jealous of him, seeing as his skills have given him popularity at my school. He is a wonderful musician, and the most I can say I feel for him, more than anything else, is pride. I, too, can play the piano. I'm sure I could become better and more motivated if I wished that to be my destiny. However, as much as I do enjoy playing the piano and music in general, with the power that comes when the dynamics are hit perfectly, I don't really see myself pursuing it much further than that. That could still change, mind you, but that is how I feel right now.

No one can possibly understand the bond a sister feels for her brothers unless they have gone through it themselves. If anyone were to do anything cruel or upsetting towards them, I would instantly feel the need to confront them and rip their throats out.

Okay, so maybe I don't know how to rip anyone's throat out, but I would resent them for sure. I am not unjust when I make these decisions. I do not hate what they do, but more the way that it is done.

But back to my original point. I really love books. I have learned a lot of my vocabulary and understanding of life through them. It is how I come to understand so many of people's actions. Perhaps it is why I see in terms of color. For instance, the number 17 is green with a hint of deep blue. 16 is red. Ask me of any word, number, or letter of the alphabet, and I can tell you what color it's in. Kinda weird, huh?

It is with you now that I will close this entry. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment