Monday, April 9, 2012

The Appreciating Cat

Sitting at the desk while typing on the computer, the soft clicking rhythmic, until a mistake is made and thus it starts over again. A cat watches lazily, not fully understanding the motions that are being made but yet appreciates the determination of the one creating the words on the page. He sits, enjoying the warmth that they always share when they are together. He loves her, and she loves him just as much. Even though they can sometimes get on each other's nerves, for instance, when he starts to claw at the door to be let in or out, but that does not diminish the appreciation. He can always make her smile, and she knows just where to pet him to keep him around just a little bit longer.

Hey everyone! Did you enjoy my little story at the top? I came up with it while I was sitting on my computer and my cat Simon jumped up on my lap. Clever, huh?

In my English class, we have just started the term, which means that I will no longer have civics as a class. Not for the rest of my high school years, unless for some reason I failed. All last week, we were given packets that contained a story and in turn we would have to write a short story ourselves, using the different themes that were given. The first one I received had me write a story in a folktale kind of style, while the second one was a bit more difficult. It was a science fiction piece. They were both extremely fun to write, and even though the endings on them were a bit rushed, I think they made charming stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment