You could think that you have nothing to tell someone; nothing interesting or particularly exciting. At least, you could feel that way until you really begin to speak. It happens to me so often and so quickly that I can begin to jumble my sentences, or completely forget what I had been originally trying to say until we are on a completely new topic. My grandmother will sometimes begin talking about something else before she has even finished her current sentence. Some stories just have so many side notes that are necessary to the full effect of the story. It's understandable then that writers make many copies and drafts before they are happy with the result. When I write a story about a personal subject, I try so hard to put the right amount of depth so that they live in the story as they do in reality.
As I write this on a piece of notebook paper (to be later copied in my blog), I am essentially procrastinating. I am in the gap between handing in my current assignment and starting another, so I'm trying to stretch out the time. Oh, sure I do my work and keep up with the majority of the class. Don't worry about me, my grades are fine. Plus, this class is necessary for me to graduate properly.
Speaking of graduation, I have been thinking a bit about my future outside of high school, once I'm done. I have mentioned before that my current career desire is within the culinary profession.
A few days ago, two women came into my French class to give a presentation. One woman was tall with blonde hair and an American accent. The other woman was shorter with dark hair and had on particularly-distinguished heels. Her accent sounded Hispanic. Their presentation was about letting us know about either hosting an exchange student or becoming one ourselves. There is an option of either taking the entire year off, or just a summer. As they filled us in on the details, I began to think that this might be something of my interest. I enjoy speaking French and would love the ability to speak fluently, and I want to be a chef. If I were to travel to France between the time I graduate high school and go off to college, I could take a few cooking classes directly in France! It would be a wonderful opportunity. The program offers help to diminish the language barrier with Rosetta Stone and one-on-one classes. I could combine three goals in one!
1) Learn French fluently
2) Take culinary classes -- great for my résumé
3) Go to France!
My mom had talked about taking me to France when I was older. We would travel to different places together. Unfortunately, now that Mom's dead, my grandmother (her mom) has taken it upon herself to take me. Sure, I love her and all, she is just nothing like Mom. Thy never even looked that much alike. I just don't think I could enjoy myself nearly as much. I've been lightly thinking of ways that I could perhaps go with someone that I would get the best possible experience being with. I could go with one of my friends. Maybe someone will even want to do that program with me. I'm not even sure who I will keep in touch with after high school. With cell phones and texting now, it's a lot easier to keep in touch. I had been thinking of perhaps living in a place like Rhode Island or Virginia. Those places are really nice and more country than city, which I like.
It is nice thinking about the possibilities in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment