Monday, September 17, 2012

Journal of Positive Aspects

I returned after a long lapse of time to reading my book Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires. I am currently on a long list of chapters that describe different techniques I can use if I like to be able to bring myself back to feeling naturally happy. Not that I have been sad or angry, I have just been feeling...weird is the best word I can use. Ever since school has started, I have not had much time to focus on much else, and my emotions kinda got the boot. So now I am making them my top priority. After all, one's success is only measured by that one's happiness.

So anyway, back to the book. I just read this chapter that strongly called to me. The object was to get a journal (mine is to be slightly used) and write Journal of Positive Aspects on the cover. With this book, I would write the subject of my good thoughts at the top and then list all the reasons why I love this item or person. It can literally be about anything. Abraham says to do this for 20 minutes, but I am not very good at limiting myself to time constraints, so I just do it for as long as I feel necessary. So far I've written about the very Net Book I am typing with, my stuffed teddy bear Stanley, and water. These are the first three things that came to my mind upon looking around my room. There are so many things that I feel appreciation for that I am sure this journal will be filled very soon. I haven't even begun to think of my friends, and I have many reasons for loving each of them. As I continue with this chain of good feelings, they will emerge into my everyday thoughts, until I will be able to find something pleasing in everything I look at. It always helps to gain a positive outlook on the things you gaze at on a daily basis. When this occurs, I will be able to find pleasure in just waking up in the morning, something I currently dread doing, just because my bed is so super comfy! I just wanna run to it and snuggle into my comforter just thinking about it.

You know what? I think that's what I am gonna do.
G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment