Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Freshmen Year

I am amazed that there are only two more weeks until September 1, which marks the first day of school. As I may have mentioned in previous posts, we have our eighth grade as part of the high school due to the size of our middle school. They will be rebuilding the middle school so that it is larger and has air conditioning and heating. But then they are going to completely mess up the system by moving the fifth grade up to the middle school so that the kindergarten can fit in the elementary schools. It's a mess!

I have yet to get my schedule for the upcoming year, but it is due to come today. What happens is, we get our schedule in the mail, but we don't get our supply list until the first day of school.

I have a friend who will be going into the high school for the first time as an eighth grader. All I can think about is my first day and how uncomfortable I felt, although some of my reasons for feeling this way were quite different than other students. All the same, it felt better for me to talk to that had already gone through all of this before, and even had the same teachers. I hope that I may be of some comfort to my friend as mine were to me. Oh, and if she happens to be reading this blog because her email is working again, I thought it would be cool if we could hang out after school on the first day. We could walk to my house (or yours, if you prefer), and do what little work we have and hang out. If you are able to read this, get back to me on that.

Freshmen year..... Amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment