Ah, lunch.
It's the time that we can relax and finally get some food after all those hours without it. None of my other classes will allow food other than my first block. Only by first block, I'm still full from my breakfast, so I don't eat in there. So I just have to be able to eat enough in the morning so that I can stay strong until lunch.
So as cliche as this is, I think lunch would be my favorite time of the day. I get to see a lot of my friends and we all get to hang out and just relax. I just feel so welcome and at ease this year, which is a feeling I am not accustomed to, but is still very much welcomed.
A few weeks before I started the school year, I realized that I didn't really care what happened. Perhaps that was me thinking that nothing could really go wrong and everything would work out. The reason could have also been that maybe I really just didn't feel like worrying. Last year, I used up so much negative energy in worry, and frankly, I'm exhausted from it. I don't ever want to deal with that ever again. But I was right, everything worked out wonderfully! So far, I enjoy all of my classes and have someone I know that I can sit with and talk to. It feels great, to feel welcome. I now pass people in the hallway that will look and we will exchange smiles and greetings. It would seem that becoming individual brought us all together. We all felt that anticipation on the first day, and we knew that we all felt it, so we expanded our kindness and confidence to be friendly. It is not a change that everyone is conscience of, and it still happens. In our lives, we are all constantly asking and receiving. Some creatures are better at receiving than asking, while we are the opposite. Suppose we were all asking for the same thing, and now it's been answered. Perhaps the open arms of others came from their own desire to be treated the same way.
My dad had scheduled a meeting with my guidance counselor to change my schedule. Before, told me that I would probably not get everything I wanted. But why couldn't I? There were enough options that I could find something to be perfectly happy about. I have found that there is one thing that I really strive to do, and that's prove people wrong. Even if it's just their opinion of me, I like to prove them wrong. Sometimes I think it's because I care too much what others think of me, or maybe I just like the challenge. I've never really analyzed it before until this moment. So when someone tells me that I can't get everything I want, I do my best to make it possible. Even if someone says that a book wasn't any good, I feel a sudden need to read the book and tell for myself.
I am inside my mind for a good part of the day, so it's good to get my thoughts typed out and out in the world so I don't always have to keep to myself. For instance, something I've only told a few people is that I enjoy talking to myself. I find it a great way to focus and also a good comfort and reassurance.
There.
Now you know.
I have a good feeling about this year. Now I just have to remember where my locker is and I'll be okay.
Here's a cool picture I found to end this blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment