Friday, September 2, 2011

On Thursday, September 1, 2011, I walked into the high school as a freshmen. For once, I didn't feel at all nervous for what was to come. I didn't really feel that I cared all that much. I had realized that at this precise moment last year, my mom was in the emergency room. two nights ago last year, I stayed up until four in the morning by her side, until I was too tired to carry on. My mind was remembering how hard it was for me to focus on being excited that I was now a high school student when I was filled with worry. I could only imagine how scared she was. She was never scared of dying, only scared that if she went, our relationship with her would be tainted and we might come to regard her as a stranger.

Onto a better note, my first day of Freshmen Year was fun! The class that was our 3rd Block determined where we would be for lunch. My lunch is at 12:30, which in school hour terms is a little late. I eat my breakfast at around 6:20 AM, so it's a long wait. If I bring a snack to school, then I should be okay, but only my first class will allow me to do that. At least it's something. Luckily, I know almost everyone in my Honors Geometry class, which is my 3rd class. On my first day, I managed to find a bunch of friends and we all sat in a big table. This year, I feel welcome. And although I may miss the familiarity of 7th grade, I'm enjoying what I can. There was only one class that I didn't feel too comfortable in, which was Art 1. The teacher was perfectly friendly, the only glitch was that I was sitting next to a friend who kept complaining to the person across from her and asking about my brother, like where he was or what he was doing. That really creeped me out. This friend is someone that I know is wanting to go into a career of art, yet she said that she hardly did any work in art class and she had too many art classes. However, I am sure that the whole thing will work itself out. I only have Art every other day, and the other days I have Band, which is my favorite class.

I think this school year will be fun

No comments:

Post a Comment