Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Homework....Yeah, You Know What I Mean.

So I have finally managed to find a break in my work to put up a new post. I have been super busy with school. When I'm at school, everything's fine and I can understand what is going on. But once I get home and begin my homework, I seem to forget what we discussed in class. So I have begun to carry around a notebook where I will take notes on what our teacher is saying, so that way, if I get stuck or lose focus, I can look back and see how we did it in class. I just began today, and so far, it seems like a sound method. The good news is, there's a lot more going on in my life so I will have more to blog about, even if it's just boring homework. The classes that give me the most homework would be Introduction to Physics and Honors Geometry. Yesterday, oh my gosh, you would not believe how much homework I had! Plus, I had an orthodontist appointment and, even though it was short, it cut into my time.

 My dad wanted me home from school by 3:00 PM. So when I got home, he told me that we had a little more time than he thought, so I went downstairs to play on my drum set. It felt really good, and when we went to the orthodontist place, I didn't feel as nervous as I usually do. I felt happy, and I guess that's why. When I got home, I got started on my homework. In Geometry, we were given more than usual. It took me a really long time, and by the time I was completely finished, it was about 9:30 PM. I still had to read a chapter in Physics and draw pictures that went along with the vocabulary words we were given in class. My dad told me that I just had to get used to having so much to do and should come up with a system. I was really stressed out, but I won't go too much into that, since I'm a little embarrassed about that. I just couldn't see how I could have done anything any differently than I did, and when I voiced that question to my dad, he told me that I shouldn't have gone downstairs and played drums. I should make work my first priority. Well, remember what I told you about how I like to prove people wrong? Well, usually, this is something that would set me off. I know that he doesn't want me to go into a career of music. He doesn't think it's a good idea. And while I don't think I could handle it anyway, I still adore playing and listening to it. I love that I can just go downstairs and be allowed to hit the crap out of my drums. It's really great anger management, and can sound really cool.

I haven't been feeling too well for the past few days, so I think I am going to take a much needed nap. Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment