I completely forget whether or not I mentioned that I would be seeing a Dream Theater concert or not, so I will just do a brief overview.
On Monday, October 10th, my dad took me, my two brothers, and our friend Derek to Boston to see Dream Theater perform at the Orphium Theater. It was amazing!
I had only seen one Dream Theater concert before at this place in Worcester. We had to stand the whole time and it was really loud. I liked the concert, but this one was just so much better. I could just go on and on about it. So I will.
In the beginning, there was this animation being showed, sort of an opening credit type thing. All the band members were given a character. Jordan Rudess, the keyboardist, was a wizard, John Petrucci, the guitarist, was Zeus, James LaBrie, the singer, was a pirate, John Myung, who is the bass player, was a ninja, and Mike Mangini, the drummer, was a genie.
The day they picked to come down to Boston was perfect. Since it was Columbus Day, we didn't have any school.
Mike Mangini, being the newest member of the band, was very nicely welcomed in. I didn't notice anyone objecting when he was recognized. I wouldn't completely go out and say that Mike Portnoy, the previous drummer, was worse than Mangini. I think it's due to the fact that Mangini just has more experience. According to my drum teacher, he has about 20 years on Portnoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment