"The only thing that is permanent is impermanence." -- Buddha. Things change, but not without our changing first. We may feel we don't have control of what we want, but it's not the situation we need to control. It is our own vantage point of what is taking place that must change. Everything else comes after.
Sunday, December 2, 2012
Crème Brûlée
I love creme brûlée! Seriously, I think it might be the best dessert ever. It's so light and the "brûlée" portion adds a nice crunch. Before last week, the last time I had one was years before. The only specific thing I remember about it is the blackberries that were sitting on the top. When combined with the already flavorful custard, it was -- oh my god -- it was like, well, heaven I imagine. Just recently, I was having dinner with my family at this lovely Italian restaurant called Tomasso. It was the fanciest place I have ever eaten. When we walked to the door they offered to take our coats. Then we were seated and fully taken care of. It was very nice and relaxing, although there were times when I thought I shouldn't be laying my elbows on the table or talking too loud, in case they kicked people out for that. Luckily they didn't. And I am left with a very happy memory.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment