Monday, July 18, 2011

The Divine Art of Meditation

Meditation is absolutely wonderful! I don't really know why I've waited so long before taking it up again, but I finally began meditation again!

I believe the main purpose of meditation is to help you align with your well being. By taking at least 15 minutes out of your day, finding a comfortable spot, and taking deep, focused breaths, you can accomplish that. As I may have said before, I was searching through my mother's room when I found a CD player. Inside the CD player was a CD titled Getting Into the Vortex: Guided Meditations CD by Jerry and Esther Hicks. For months, I had been meaning to listen to it. I went to my grandparents house last weekend. Last minute, I decided to take it along. I reached a point where I was doing absolutely nothing, and decided to listen to it. Unfortunately, the player wasn't working, so I never got a chance.

Today started as any other day, although none of my days ever really start the same, do they? There is always at least one element that makes it worth while and enjoyable. If it were always the same, what would there be for me to always enjoy? I'm sure I might be able to find something, but I'm glad there are always differences.

So, anyway, I awoke around 9:00 A.M. My friend was planning to come over around noon, so I had to be prepared. Once my preparations were complete, I opened the window in the living room and just looked outside and enjoyed the nice breeze coming through. It was so serene, that it reminded me of meditation. There, I suddenly remembered the CD. I ran upstairs to retrieve it. I grabbed the other CD player that I had found, loaded new batteries into it and went out onto the deck and sat in the gravity chair. Mom always meditated on the deck, and I can see why. You are surrounded by the sounds that come from outside. It's like being outside, except no bug attacks.

I find that it is much easier to meditate continually without interruptions if you have noise cancelling headphones and soft guided music that works in a steady beat. I did not feel any sudden need to go anywhere or do anything other than sit back and enjoy as the tunes of the music steadily washed over me. If you wear loose clothes, you can breathe more comfortably. Now I just have to get into the vibration of wanting to meditate every day. Since today was so much fun, I can hardly wait to do it again! I just keep thinking of all the ways that I will benefit from doing this every day, especially feeling great!

No comments:

Post a Comment