I will admit, that was the part I didn't like.
The thing is, I'm not a big rollercoaster fan. I don't even know what it is that I don't like about them. The speed is fine, I don't mind the seats, although the wooden ones jerk me around too much and hurt my back, and I have no problem with the drops. So what is it? I honestly couldn't tell you the answer to that question. I just prefer to wait on the side rather than go on one of those rides. So, since it's Six Flags, and their rides are built mostly for those rollercoaster-lovers, there really isn't anything for me to do there.
I would say that the best part about going to Six Flags is afterward. And I don't mean that because we are going home, I love that part because we usually stop at this little pizzeria nearby. It's this nice little family owned restaurant called Rivers Edge Pizza (but they have mozzarella sticks and sandwiches too). My grandparents live in Connecticut, so they are on the way to this place from the amusement park. We discovered it when it was a little past dinner time. We decided that we wanted to eat pizza, so we were looking around for a Papa Gino's or a Domino's or something. When we passed the restaurant, I saw "pizzeria" on the sign and said "there's pizza. why not go there?" (just to let you know, I don't think those were my exact words, but that was at least the gist of what I said).
So we went into the pizzeria and simply ordered a large cheese pizza. For drinks, we went over to the vending booth to look at our selections. There, on the shelf, along with some other various beverages, were a few bottles of Snapple peach tea. We thought that it sounded good, so we grabbed some to try it.
The taste was, to say in the least, amazing.
That was the day that we discovered peach Snapple. As a few of my friends know, we always try to have some in the house. Recently, the store we live by has stopped selling it, but when my dad can, he goes to a store a little farther out, where they are fortunately still available.
Pretty soon after that moment of discovery, our pizza came. I couldn't tell you what was in that pizza, since I myself did not make it, but it was heavenly. It was fresh from the oven. You could tell, since it was still very warm. It had been pre-cut into squares so we could easily divide it amongst ourselves. We walked out of that place satisfied.
If you ever want to find this place if you are coming from Six Flags, or just a little bored and hungry, this is the address:
River's Edge Restaurant-Pizza
809 Thompsonville Road
Suffield, CT 06078
If you ever do check this place out, be sure to let me know what you think!
No comments:
Post a Comment