Monday, October 3, 2011

This past week has been very good. I got a chance to hang out with more of my friends, and I didn't get as much homework!

In my civics class, we have, I think, begun our Community Action Project (CAP). In previous years, the CAP was an individual assignment. It was a lot more difficult as well. This year, it will be a classroom group thing between my class and the corresponding English class. However, it turns out that our teachers have already come up with our assignment. So guess what? My chosen community work is a.....

Blood Drive! Yay!

If you think about it, a blood drive at the high school doesn't make any sense. Seniors are the only ones who are even allowed to sign up to donate blood, and the teachers don't want strangers from the town walking through the school while we are taking classes. Somehow, we are supposed to make a decent amount of money from the whole thing. My brother's class has been assigned to make the high school's playground more handicapped accessible. I'm not sure how they plan to do that, bu they had better not touch my spot!

To elaborate, I will tell you that I like to stop off at the park on my way home from school and do some of my homework. My spot consists of a green picnic table underneath a tree. To me, it's more than that. It's beautiful. Truly magnificent. a place to just relax and think. At my house, I have too many distractions, among them is my dad telling me about my distractions. So I have been given a nice place where I can sit back and do my homework before going home.

Winter had better not come too fast.

Most recently, I had just gotten the phone number of a friend of mine, and we were texting this afternoon. I found out that she lives right down the street from me, only about a 10 minute walk. I suggested that she should come to my house sometime and meet my cats, since we have talked about them a lot in geometry class (don't worry, not during the time that our teacher is giving instructions, we aren't bad students, although I wouldn't say I am exactly a model student. I sometimes have trouble focusing). I feel really excited to know that I have yet another friend that is walking distance. Now maybe I will have a friend to walk home with, since we go the same way. Oh, now I am really excited thinking about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment