At 9:00 am, we all headed down to the auditorium. My math teacher, Mrs. Nockles, had made a slideshow with pictures showing all these great events that had happened over the course of the year. It included Spirit Week, our River Project in science class, the Boat Cruise Dance, Washington D.C., and even from the first day of school. In the pictures from the first day, we all looked like deer in headlights. There were the lucky few that had friends that they hung around and talked to. Then there were other people that kept their distance since they were afraid of everyone else.
My very good friend Anna came from Saint Michael's Catholic School. She didn't know anyone in our class. Well maybe a few people, but I really don't know for sure. When I first saw her, I really liked her. She dressed a little differently than other people, since she was wearing a skirt and wedge heels, which I thought was awesome! When we were being shown around the school, I stood closer to her in case we might start talking or something like that. Even though we were shown around the school, I still don't know where half the stuff is. I can't even get to the Nurses' office on my own!
When I was in 6th grade, I met a girl named Jane. She had moved here when she was in 3rd grade from India. We became close friends. She was the person that I really hung around and felt that I could tell anything to. Even when her friends took a disliking to me and kicked me out of their little group, I didn't blame Jane, even though she didn't say anything. I knew exactly what was on her mind. In every picture with Jane, I am there, standing next to her. I felt really sad when, in April, she moved back to India. She was like my best friend for the year. Having Anna be there for me reminded me of Jane. They are completely different people, but they are the type of people that nobody should ever say anything bad about. They are reliable, trustworthy, and loyal.
I do wish that I still kept in touch with Jane. We have each other's email addresses, but it never seemed to work out. Anna is just going to a school in Lowell, and I don't even know if she is moving, but at least it will be easier to keep in touch, like text messages and such. We can even keep in touch with our blogs! I do my best to put current events up here that happen in my life, and she does the same with hers. Oh yes, this can work! By the way, Anna, I mean all these things I am typing in the very best way possible. You are awesome!!
Wow, I really do ramble when I begin to type. It's hard for me to keep talking about the same subject without getting a totally new idea that I just HAVE to write about. I still hope this all makes sense regardless. Maybe I will get all this together and have a nice, normal post for once.
I feel welcoming. That's a good word to describe how I feel right now. Welcoming of new things yet to come.
Thank you very much, Katie! You're awesome too and I will miss going to the same school, but I will definitely keep in contact with you!
ReplyDelete