- My "How To" essay, which is titled "the Quick Guide to Mediation"
- My Favorite Toy essay, titled "Pandora's Box"
- A creative rewrite titled "Stabbing Scene Rewrite"
- My slavery research essay, titled "The Importance of John Brown"
Oh, I should tell you about Mrs. Snyder! She is currently filling in for my English teacher, Mrs. Lackey, who just had a baby girl. Mrs. Snyder, I believe, is also a drama teacher, so she's very open and full of excitement. Plus, she is fluent in French and ASL (American Sign Language). I was thinking of asking her if she could teach me sign language, but there's only one day left in the school year so I didn't see how it could work out. Mrs. Snyder reminded me why I love English class so much. The literature, the creativity, the happiness that comes when you write something that sounds just the way you want it. Mr. Reynolds first showed me how great English could be, and Mrs. Snyder kept it alive in me. What a great way to end the school year! I sure hope that I see her around. I would love to join in on school plays, I just get scared and back out. Plus, I never know when auditions are being held or how to prepare. Everyone else seems to know all these things that I just haven't yet figured out.
A few weeks ago, the C.A. Farley Elementary School was hosting their 10th annual Free To Be You and Me play presented by the 5th graders. For this, they were allowing former students of the elementary school to come in and sing a song, I think. My dad found this on the school website and told me about it. I even managed to contact Zach Johnson to get more information. However, on the day of the rehearsal, I got scared again. I just couldn't see myself going up on the stage and singing. I don't even know where this fear comes from. For heavens sake, I sang karaoke on that dance night on the Odyssey! This stuff should be a piece of cake! I used to be in many plays, I have very good memorization skills, I should be ready for stuff like this. I really WANT to be in school plays, although I never planned on doing anything in eighth grade. I figured that I would wait a year to figure out the flow of things and then in my freshmen year, I would perhaps get into some theater.
I think part of it is that my life is so undecided. I mean, there are so many wonderful things that I can do. I know I don't know everything, and I hope I never get to know everything, for that would be totally boring. I want to experience all that life has to offer. I want to do all I can in this life, and then have completely new experiences in lives to come (yes, I believe in afterlife. It just makes sense, doesn't it?)
Perhaps this is just something that I am going through. Lately, so many emotions have been running through me, it's a bit overwhelming. Just a few hours ago, I was cleaning out my room when I went over to my Amma doll that was sitting on my bedside table. I held that doll for a little while when I began to feel this overwhelming desire to be close to her. To Mom, I mean. Not only could I feel the desire, but I could also feel the possibility of fulfilling that desire to see her. It was like she was there, but just out of reach. I just had to connect. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to connect like that. My mind tends to over think.
I feel like I should feel a little saddened since my eighth grade year is coming to a close. However, I just feel liberated. My best friend may be leaving and going to a new school, but we shall always keep in touch. I have her cell number and we will definitely text. And just to cease any disputes, I have more than one best friend. My best friends are the ones that I would allow to read this blog. That's not necessarily everyone that IS reading this blog, but I am slowly getting people's emails to invite them on.
So thank you, best friends, for letting me share my life with you.
Oh my gosh, this is starting to sound like a good-bye. It isn't, in case you're wondering. I'm mostly just rambling.
Oh, my cat is lying across my arm. What a sweetie! Honestly, what would we do in this world without cats? What a lonely place that would be...
No comments:
Post a Comment