On this wonderful morning, my dad and I drove down to Gates Pond and went for a walk around the trail that traced the outskirts of the pond. Just taking a walk in the morning can be hugely beneficial, I had come to find out today. It seems like as you walk, all this negativity is being lifted from your body, and you are left feeling content... although you also feel sweaty from all the walking.
This was the first day that we decided to walk at Gates Pond. Taylor and I had piano lessons every Saturday in Bolton, MA. Our piano teacher. Mrs. Eleanor Toth, lives across the street from a lovely walking trail. It surrounds three little lakes. In the fall, the trees are absolutely gorgeous! When I am having my lesson, Taylor and Dad go for a walk until my lesson is done. Then, Taylor has his lesson and Dad and I go for the same walk. Dad gets a lot of exercise, and he has told me that he has more energy when he plays tennis the next day with Neil. I am done with piano for the summer, so we decided to walk around Gates Pond on Saturdays.
These walks give me a chance to really talk to my dad. It's a connection that we have that I can't really find any other time. It might have something to do with the nature around us, or the walk itself. Either way, it's nice.
On this walk, I brought up the subject of our half birthday. You see, since my birthday is in December, a lot of people are away on Christmas break, so I never really get a chance to celebrate my birthday with anyone other than my dad and my grandparents. All my other friends get a birthday party where their friends come and they get red velvet cake and ice cream with fresh strawberries all topped with whipped cream (Yum! My favorite). So my dad came up with the idea that we could celebrate on our half birthday. I still don't completely understand what he means, since he doesn't say it's a party. He told me that it was just a day that gave us a chance to get presents other than in December. Now, I would love to have a party, or I would feel pretty strange about just having presents, and then the day continues. I managed to bring up the subject of turning it into a party. He asked me what I would want to do, and for that, I had no idea. He thought about taking us to this place that he once had a work party at. It has miniature golf, an outdoor picnic area covered by canopies, and a driving range. As much fun as I had that day, it was mostly because Alex and I found a couple of badminton racquets in the grass and started a little tournament. Besides, I don't think a lot of my friends would enjoy golf all day. I thought that maybe we could do something like go-carting. I did it once, and I had a blast! It's a lot of fun when you have fast cars. Then there is an thrill to the whole thing. If the cars just go slowly, then that's just no fun, even if you are allowed to slam into people. I like that idea, and I just need to know if my friends do too. Then I have to ask my dad how many of them I can invite in the first place. I do hope it turns into a birthday party, I had to skip mine last year.
Oh, my cat is giving me that look that says, "snuggle me!" I must go.
No comments:
Post a Comment