Hawaii, here I am! The land where they are known for their hospitality and chickens run wild. That last bit is something I didn't know until I landed here and we stopped at the grocery store for a few things.
Of course, when we landed, I was absolutely exhausted! All I wanted to do was drive to the house, find a room, and go to sleep. But, first we had to eat and buy things that would be necessary for living in a house, like food. Finally, we drove the distance to our house. However, as soon as we got there, sleep was the last thing on my mind. The house looked absolutely amazing! And it only got better the deeper inside we went. The first thing I saw when I entered the house was the giant window in the living area that opened up to the most amazing view. It was beyond anything my imagination could have come up with.
We have been here for a few days now, and there is so much to do! Today, we are going to experience a tour that takes roughly 3 hours. You go hiking, horseback riding, and finally, zip lining! I love riding on horses, even though my leg muscles are a bit sore from the day we spent in San Francisco. We walked around all day. My dad forgot the sunscreen, or rather did not think we would need it, and I have a huge sunburn on my chest and one on my nose. I was also wearing a necklace that day, and you can see the imprint of it on me.
Anyway, I really strained my leg when we went to visit this location that I currently cannot remember the name of. It overlooked the ocean. There were two of what they called pill boxes. They was used during WWII to scout over the waters and report if any enemy ships were sighted. My brother walked behind one of them that went into the forest and found that the back was open. So he climbed in and walked over to where they would have scouted in the past. I decided to go in after him. It was big enough for me to stand straight in, but I didn't know if anything was on the ceiling, so I ducked down anyway. My dad, the always cautious one, told us to be careful and we should probably climb out, so we did. While the entrance was open, there was a bit of a drop down to get to the floor. On the way back, it was harder to climb up. My brother helped pull me up, but my right leg was stretched out a bit too much when I put my weight on it, and it seized up. Since then, it's been a bit sore. But only a bit. Nothing can stop me from doing everything I can on this vacation (unless the car breaks down *knock on wood*).
My biggest worry is that I will become all depressed when we get back. It won't be as intense, I don't think, as when we came back from Florida. My reason for that is because we came back home during the winter, and it always looks so gloomy at that time of year. This time, I will be coming back to a bright sunny place where the weather is actually pretty predictable, or at least compared to here, where it will be bright and sunny one minute, then begin down pouring that is done within the next minute.
No comments:
Post a Comment