Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Super Busy Day

Yesterday, I had the busiest day of the school year thus far. The havoc didn't actually begin until the final bell rang. As you know, I play percussion in the band. Last night, I had a band concert that involved a "dress rehearsal" before the performance. The hard part was that I had a tennis match that day as well. We played against Marlboro. I have no idea when they got a JV team (junior varsity), but they have one now. I had to be ready to go by 2:30. When I got to the jazz band rehearsal, our band director told me that we were playing a song that I was not playing in. There are two percussionists in the jazz band, me and Connor. The song we were playing in the concert was Work Song by Nathaniel Adderley, and Connor had already called dibs. So I got to change and go out to the tennis courts earlier than I expected.
Before he tennis season had started, I was playing tennis every Thursday and sometimes Friday at Wayside, the racquet and swim club. I met a few people from Marlboro while I was there. As our bus drove up to their courts, I saw two girls that I recognized. I believe their names were Kaley and Jamie, but I could certainly be mistaken. I never saw them after that, since they were a doubles team and I was scheduled to play in a singles match. I played a girl that had the same name with me, so every time her coach was talking to her, I turned and looked. We played to the best of three sets. The first set, I won 6-2, and the second one I won 6-0. I was very tired by the end of it. I would like to congratulate my opponent. She played some fantastic points. Certainly kept me running around the court.
But wait! The story doesn't end there! Not yet, anyway! My dad came to Marlboro, and picked us up early so that we could go home for dinner before we had to go to our band concert at 7:00. (I'm just gonna skip ahead now to the concert, if that's okay).
So at the concert, there was a bit of waiting for the wind ensemble, which is what I play in. We played our pieces, but I had to keep running around to get everything I needed. I was a little disappointed by that, but the songs still sounded great! However, I didn't get home until about 9:30, where I had to do a LOT of homework. Ugh. Homework. I can fall asleep just thinking about it, and I know I'm not the only one.
So that is the story of my wicked super busy day.

1 comment: